Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
February 15, 2022
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at FCB in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Tommy Hairston followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
18 members present
Guest present: Calie Hindes, Gabby Weber
Treasury Report: Make sure you submit your dues for January.
- Bill made a motion to approve the February 8, 2022, minutes as corrected. Joyce seconded and motion passed unanimously.
- Welcome to John Long and Shannon Chicoine as our new members.
- Golf tournament on March 27, 2022.
- Phase 1: Raffle ticket sales: 92 have been sold, 8 held back for tournament
- Phase 2: Hole sponsors: $4100 collected, $300 committed. Keep soliciting sponsors. Monica distributed at list of businesses with their addresses for members to send letters. Get with Monica if you need the letterhead or any other forms.
- Phase 3: Teams to participate: Goal is to get 36 two member teams to play golf. Team information forms are available.
- The quarterly area Rotary President’s meeting will be next Friday.
- District 4850 President’s Meeting – there is a raffle they are sponsoring soon.
- Rick Luna will be the program next week.
- Charlotte Satellite Club will be proposed to Rick Luna.
- Be sure to respond to the text to RSVP for the meal each week.
- Thank you, Stephanie Collins for the Chili Bandera lunch today.
- Chamber Of Commerce Meeting tonight.
- Chamber of Commerce Annual BBQ and Auction is coming up (March 6th, 11-1). See Ronnie, Sandy, Joyce, Jack, Katie Schuchman, Jane Andrus or Benita if you would like to help or donate.
- Keep thinking of anyone you might want to recruit for membership.
- RYLA owes Rotary $1,000. (Don’t forget)
Program: Cutter: Joyce
RYLA Participants, Calie Hindes and Gabby Weber shared their experience at RYLA. Thank you for sponsoring.
Next Meeting: Regular Meeting will be held at the First Commercial Bank on February 22, 2022.
Program: Michele (Rick Luna)
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 PM.