Meeting Minutes - 02/22/2022
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
1. Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
February 22, 2022
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at FCB in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michele Higginbotham followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
13 members present
Guest present: Jeanette Harrison, Rick Luna, Garrison Long, John McGray
Treasury Report: Make sure you submit your dues for January.
• Jack made a motion to approve the February 15, 2022, minutes as corrected. Al seconded and motion passed unanimously.
• Golf tournament on March 27, 2022.
o Phase 1: Raffle ticket sales: 92 have been sold, 8 held back for tournament
o Phase 2: Hole sponsors: $6100 collected. Have a couple of committed and simply waiting on their check. Keep soliciting sponsors. Monica distributed at list of businesses with their addresses for members to send letters. Get with Monica if you need the letterhead or any other forms.`
o Phase 3: Teams to participate: Goal is to get 36 two member teams to play golf. Team information forms are available.
• Michele would like for the Rotary to consider a sponsorship for the Chamber of Commerce Annual BBQ and Auction. The event is on March 6th, 11-1. See Ronnie, Sandy, Joyce, Jack, Katie Schuchman, Jane Andrus or Benita if you would like to help or donate. Ronnie recommended we donate a live auction item. Jim made the motion to donate $200 to the Jourdanton CofC to purchase a live auction item. Monica seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
• Keep thinking of anyone you might want to recruit for membership.
• RYLA owes Rotary $1,000. (Don’t forget)
Program: Cutter: Theresa
Rick Luna, Charlotte Chief of Police
Next Meeting: Regular Meeting will be held at the First Commercial Bank on March 1, 2022.
Program: Business Meeting
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 PM.