Meeting Minutes - 05/10/2022
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
May 10, 2022
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at FCB in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Tommy Hairston followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
13 members present
Guest present: Brittany Schier
Treasury Report: Please submit your $60 dues in July.
- No minutes submitted from last week.
- Senior Luncheon on May 16th. Jim and John will work on getting water and ice. Monica has received donations for everything. If you would like to donate cookies or treats, they need to be individually wrapped. Be there at 10:00 am to help and serve. Setup for the event at 4:00 on Sunday at the Library.
- Michelle attended the quarterly meeting with the area Presidents. Looking at Christmas Party on December 1st with all the area clubs.
- Tickets for the District 5840 raffle are available for purchase for $10 each.
- We have 10 applications for the scholarship. Collected $8,400 and may be more coming in. Joyce recommended we update the application, especially the first page. Would also like to form a committee of Rotary members to evaluate and score the applications. The applications will be scanned to the committee members, and they will pick the 6 best applications, scoring the best one with 6 points, second with 5 points and so forth. Send your scores to Joyce asap.
- Thank you for lunch, Jack.
- Keep thinking of anyone you might want to recruit for membership.
- RYLA owes Rotary $1,000. (Don’t forget)
Next Meeting: Regular Meeting will be held at the First Commercial Bank on May 17, 2022.
Meeting adjourned at 1:08 PM.