Meeting Minutes - 06/22/2021
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
June 22, 2021
Meeting was called to order at 12:28 PM by Michele Higginbotham at FCB in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Tommy Hairston followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
14 members present
Guest(s) present: David Soward
- Larry made a motion to approve the June 15, 2021 minutes with one small correction. Joyce seconded and motion passed unanimously.
- If you would like to sign up to volunteer for the Jourdanton Elementary/JEF Summer Fun Reading Adventure, click the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/
- Club will participate in the Summer Fun Reading on June 29th, be at the Elementary School office at 12:15 pm. Bring your driver’s license to check in at the office. Program is over at 2:00 PM.
- On that same evening, June 29th, we will have a social at Jim Andrus’ house. Eat your dinner before and then come by Jim’s at 6:30 PM for a few drinks and fellowship. BYOB and your own lawn chairs!!
- Poteet Rotary Social. Michelle will send out more information soon if you would like to attend.
- Nominating Committee met before the regular meeting. Jim has volunteered and is willing to have his name down as the President Elect/Vice-President. Jim would not be attending PETS as he has attended in the past. Tommy made the motion and Larry seconded for the following officers serve for the July 2021 to June 2022 term: Michele as President, Jim as Vice-President, Conrad as Treasurer, and Theresa as Secretary. Vote was unanimous.
- Library Salad Luncheon is Thursday from 11:00 to 1:00 sponsored by Friends of the Library.
David Soward, Atascosa County Sheriff
Next Meeting: July 29th, meeting will be volunteering at the Summer Reading Adventure with a social at the Andrus’ in the evening. Meeting location is at First Commercial Bank on July 6th. Please click the link to RSVP to next week’s meeting: https://forms.gle/
Meeting adjourned at 1:15 P.M. Motion by Tommy and seconded by Jim.