Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
October 12, 2021
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at FCB in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Tommy Hairston followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
13 members present
Guest present: Leslie Muckleroy, Darrell Andrus
- Jim made a motion to approve the October 5, 2021, minutes. Tommy seconded and motion passed unanimously.
- Interact Meeting: PSAT test conflict
- Larry has resigned his position as a Rotary membership.
- Michele recommended we invite some Honorary Rotarians to visit the club on occasion.
- District Governor shared there are programs that will do presentations on Human Trafficking awareness.
- Homecoming, October 15th. We will have enchiladas. Michele distributed the tickets. Please try to sell this week and have a number by next Tuesday if possible. Please bring a baked good to sell at the dinner.
- Keep thinking of anyone you might want to recruit for membership.
- Fostering Futures: looking for persons to speak.
- January 11th District Governor will attend our meeting. Board will meet prior to the meeting at 11:11 am on 1/11/11+11.
- Rotary will be reading at Jourdanton ECC starting after November 2nd, on Tuesdays from 1:15 to 2:15 or 2:15 to 3:15. Michele and ______ will volunteer first.
- RYLA owes Rotary $1,000. (Don’t forget)
- RYLA will be January 14th through January 17th.
- November will have a 5th Tuesday, on the 30th. Be thinking about a Rotary Ann/Andy social.
- November 6th, VFW march from Poteet to Pleasanton
- November 13th, District Celebration Gala
- December 9th, Pleasanton Christmas Party at Lew’s and we are invited
- December 18th, American Legion will have Piece2Pieces
Program: Cutter: Tommy
Darrell Andrus, Jourdanton ISD Athletic Director and Head Football Coach of the Indians
Next Meeting: Meeting will be held at the First Commercial Bank on October 19, 2021.
Meeting adjourned at 1:06 PM.