Meeting Minutes - 10/20/22020
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
October 20, 2020
Meeting was called to order at 12:30 PM by Michele Higginbotham at Joe’s Place in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michele followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
9 members present
Guest(s) present: Hailey Higginbotham
- Al reported the Homecoming Dinner results: 231 tickets sold for $2310, minus expenditures of $1215, plus dessert donations of $157 for a net profit of $1252.
- Don’t forget to do research on the name you were given for a Jourdanton Rotary Founding Father! Conrad has a book that has the history of Atascosa County that may help some of us. Michele also asked for assistance through Facebook.
- Finance Committee needs to present the proposed budget at the November 3rd meeting. Recommendation was to include a $500 donation to Rotary General Fund each year and after 2 years we award a Paul Harris. Committee also needs to plan for filing the taxes to IRS that are due November 15th. This year the club will donate $500 to Polio fundraiser and $500 to the general fund with Jack Harrison as our next Paul Harris recipient. Conrad will need to call a committee meeting to discuss all the above items. (Jim, Bill, Theresa, Conrad and Al are committee members)
- We will celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Jourdanton Rotary Club at Lew’s Patio on Wednesday, November 4th at 6:30 PM. Bring your spouse or significant other or whoever to celebrate!!!
- This Friday the JHS volleyball team plays at home again if you would like to attend and also support the Interact. Theresa confirmed there will only be one game this Friday against Dilley and it starts at 6:00 pm.
- On Saturday, you are invited to come out and support the “Walk to End Alzheimer’s”. I’ve attached the flyer for more information.
- Speaking of Interact, Jenny Vrana, Interact member, was named the 2020 Jourdanton High School Homecoming Queen. Congrats Jenny!!!
- Jack had a photo of the proposed pool and water pad project at the city sports complex. The City of Jourdanton will be sending out for bids from contractors.
- Thank you Joyce for donating the pencils to JEF. We received a Thank you from the JEF.
- Cowboy Fellowship Fall Festival on October 31st. Michelle has registered the club to participate. If you are able to participate, please be at Cowboy Fellowship at 5:30 pm on the 31st.
Next Meeting: We will move meetings to different locations in Jourdanton during this time.
October 27th – Rock House
November 3rd – First Commercial Bank
November 4th – Lew’s Patio @ 6:30 PM for the club’s birthday celebration
Program Schedule: N/A Cutter: I left early so I’m not sure who cut
Meeting had not adjourned at 1:05 when I left!!!