Meeting Minutes - 10/27/2020
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
October 27, 2020
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at Rock House in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michele followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
11 members present
Guest(s) present: Mark Long, JoAnn Lange and Prospective Member, Christopher Mendoza
- Finance Committee meeting at 11:30am at FCB on 11-3-2020. Members to be in attendance: Conrad, Al, Jim and Theresa. Bill asked to be excused from the committee.
- $50 check was given to Michele which in turn was mailed to Cowboy Fellowship as a donation for candy at the Fall Festival.
- Foundation/Paul Harris—$1000 check was picked up from Conrad after Theresa and Michele met after the meeting to enter Foundation donation ($500 to General Annual fund and $500 to Polio fund). They also transferred credit to Jack Harrison as our next Paul Harris recipient. Michele overnighted check and paperwork to Rotary International.
- Can’t remember if Homecoming Dinner invoice was received and paid. Will bring up at 11-3 meeting.
- Conrad filed our tax paperwork for 2019.
- We will celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Jourdanton Rotary Club at Lew’s Patio on Wednesday, November 4th at 6:30 PM. Bring your spouse or significant other or whoever to celebrate!!!**Head count requested**Please let Michele know if you will be attending and how many.Jim-2, Bill-2, Jack-2, Joyce & Sandy, Benita-1, Al-2, Conrad-0, Monica-1, Michele-2...need rsvps from remaining members.
- Cowboy Fellowship Fall Festival on October 31st. Michele has registered the club to participate and confirmed that it was received. If you are able to participate, please be at Cowboy Fellowship at 5:30 pm on the 31st.
- Leroy asked that we keep the family of Mary Guerra in our thoughts and prayers.
- Founding Member info is due this week—thank you to those who have already submitted their information.
- Thank you to those who attended last weekend’s local Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Benita will submit our paperwork for tree at Merry on Main RiverPark event. We have an artificial tree this year. Ronnie will make additional wooden ornaments.
- Jim mentioned a scholarship fundraiser event at St Matthew Church in Jourdanton on Saturday 10-31-2020 from 10am-2pm. Burgers for $5 and Car Wash $10.
Christopher Mendoza, Boy Scouts of America Alamo Area Council Program Coordinator
Reported on his previous background in service related organizations, the area he currently serves with the Boy Scouts and his interest in joining our club. He was drawn to our club because of our commitment to youth and central location to his area. He would like to be actively engaged in our club. We hope to continue getting to know him in the weeks to come.
Next Meeting: We will move meetings to different locations in Jourdanton during this time.
November 3rd – First Commercial Bank
November 4th – Lew’s Patio @ 6:30 PM for the club’s birthday celebration
Program Schedule: N/A Cutter: Monica—no joker drawn