Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
October 5, 2021
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at FCB in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Tommy Hairston followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
13 members present
Guest present: N/A
- $60 semiannual dues are being collected at this time.
- Fund has received approximately $10,000 in dividends.
- Jim made a motion to approve the September 28, 2021, minutes with one correction. Jeff helped distribute Constitutions and Dictionaries at Jourdanton Elementary and Junior High. Joyce seconded and motion passed unanimously.
- National Night Out, Tuesday, October 5th, 5:00 – 8:00 pm. Joyce has candy and prices to give away. Ronnie will take the banner.
- Homecoming, October 15th. We will have enchiladas. Michele distributed the tickets. Please try to sell this week and have a number by next Tuesday if possible. Please bring a baked good to sell at the dinner.
- Border Patrol project is tabled for now, until further notice.
- We will make a $50 donation to Cowboy Fellowship for the Halloween Festival.
- January 11th District Governor will attend our meeting. Board will meet prior to the meeting at 11:11 am on 1/11/11+11.
- Rotary will be reading at Jourdanton ECC starting after October 5th, on Tuesdays from 1:15 to 2:15 or 2:15 to 3:15. Michele, Benita and Monica will volunteer first.
- RYLA owes Rotary $1,000. (Don’t forget)
- Jim made the motion to invest the dividends in our funds at Edward Jones, Second by Tommy and vote was unanimous. President Higginbotham recused herself from this topic and vote.
- RYLA will be January 14th through January 17th.
- November will have a 5th Tuesday, on the 30th. Be thinking about a Rotary Ann/Andy social.
- Poteet 3rd Saturday Food Drive
- November 6th, VFW march from Poteet to Pleasanton
- November 13th, District Celebration Gala
- December 9th, Pleasanton Christmas Party at Lew’s and we are invited
- December 18th, American Legion will have Piece2Pieces
- Leroy did a great job at the Office last weekend
Program: N/A Cutter: Al
Next Meeting: Meeting will be held at the First Commercial Bank on October 12, 2021.
Meeting adjourned at 1:10 PM.