Meeting Minutes - 11-1-2022
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
November 1, 2022Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at FCB in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michele followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
12 members present
No guests presentTreasury Report:Have 9775 in account. Paid 250 for radio advertising and will get with Cowboy Fellowship to pay 50 for Fall Festival candy. Only 434 is still owed by membership with one being an inactive/former member. 100 budgeted amount for National Night Out will be added to miscellaneous as Joyce said she didn’t need.Business:
- Ron Fields was unanimously approved to become a member!! Yay!
- Last week’s minutes were voted on and approved by all.
- Fall Festival was a success. 3 Interact members and 3 Rotary members attended. Tommy helped secure materials for our game.
- Voted that we would support Angel Tree again this year. Will have Benita secure 15 angels for our individual members to choose to support.
- Health Fair at American Legion this Saturday the 5th starting at 9am.
- Meeting of the Tri-County Presidents was held last Friday. We voted to attend County Christmas party on 11-30-22 at 6pm at the American Legion and bring appetizers. Will be our Rotary 5th Tuesday/Ann/Andy so no meeting on November 29th. We voted against providing $100 for District Hospitality room. Pleasanton has an Interact as well. So, all three towns have Interact clubs. Room for possible collaboration.
- Voted no meeting week of Thanksgiving so no meeting on November 22nd. Will have meeting on 15…none on 22 or 29…so next meeting is Dec 6th with Jim running meeting in Michele’s absence.
- Need to discuss our possible Christmas party on 11-15-22 so be thinking about times, dates and places if we decide to do it.
- Also, need to discuss skipping meetings around Christmas and New Years. Designated 11-15 to discuss. Need to update program/meal schedule afterward.
- Shannon gave updates and information on Small Business Saturday to be held on 11-26. Will be fun for all! Can’t wait to see pics of community on the snow slide!
- Finance committee will schedule time to meet in January.
- Joyce mentioned would be good to spread our 4 Way Test to others as a guide in their actions. Possible opportunity there!
- Thank you for lunch, Joyce.
- Program: NA
- Cutter: Kevin…pot rolls on…
- Next Meeting: Next Meeting is a business meeting and will be held at the First Commercial Bank on November 8, 2022.
SEE PROGRAM and MEAL SCHEDULE BELOW