Meeting Minutes - 11/3/2020
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
November 3, 2020
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at First Commercial Bank in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michele followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
11 members present
Prospective Member, Christopher Mendoza
- Finance Committee met at 11:30am at FCB on 11-3-2020. Members in attendance: Conrad, Al, Jim and Michele. Theresa was unable to attend. They revised the current budget and will share with the club.
- In January we will need to discuss fundraiser in the spring.
- Jack Harrison will be presented the Paul Harris Fellow at our 75th Anniversary Dinner at Lew’s.
- Homecoming Dinner invoice will be paid soon.Old Business:
- We will celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Jourdanton Rotary Club at Lew’s Patio on Wednesday, November 4th at 6:30 PM. Bring your spouse or significant other or whoever to celebrate!!!
- Ronnie and wife as well as Michele and her two guests attended Cowboy Fellowship Fall Festival on October 31st. It was a smaller crowd than in years past but was still well attended.
- Thank you to everyone who gathered info on our founding members. Michele will share at the next meeting.
- Benita will submit our paperwork for tree at Merry on Main RiverPark event. We have an artificial tree this year. Discussed vintage theme.
- Jim mentioned that the scholarship fundraiser event at St Matthew Church in Jourdanton this past Saturday was a success.
- We had a great lunch by Audrey. Jim suggested that we make First Commercial Bank be our permanent meeting location until we vote otherwise. All agreed. We will charge members the cost of the meal not to exceed $10/plate.
- Chamber of Commerce’s Shop Local starts on 11-28 and ends on 12-4. Local businesses will have door prizes.
Next Meeting: First Commercial Bank
November 4th – Lew’s Patio @ 6:30 PM for the club’s birthday celebration
Program Schedule: N/A