Meeting Minutes - 2/2/2021
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
February 2, 2021
Meeting was called to order at 12:35 PM by Michele Higginbotham at Rock House in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test. (Joyce and Michele sent word to Kevin to grab our box containing the flags and more from the hospital conference room so that we can use it at our future meetings.)
8 members present
Keep those not in attendance due to medical/job concerns, family surgery, travel and other reasons not mentioned in your thoughts and prayers in the weeks to come.
- January 5, 2021 minutes were approved as written.
- Discussion on concerns of continuing meetings. It was decided by those in attendance to hold weekly meetings and continue to offer Zoom to those who prefer not attending in person. Next meeting is scheduled for February 9, 2021. The location of the meeting was discussed. We would prefer an eatery in Jourdanton in an area away from the general patrons if possible. Michele will check into Mi Mexico’s back area.
- Jourdanton Community Scholarship will be rolling around soon, so start asking for donations. Donations can be made for the scholarship on the Jourdanton Rotary Club website.
- Although RYLA has been cancelled, students will still be going to college so Michele and Monica will work on an alternative way of handing out RYLA scholarships.
- The Jourdanton Education Foundation in coordination with Jourdanton ISD, is supporting a Summer Reading Program. We will consider some form of support once more details are provided.
- Michele spoke with Tim and Bobby Martinez. With their ok and the approval of those in attendance, Michele will continue as president through June of 2022 which is one additional year. Tim will make every effort to attend virtual PETS coming up soon. Tim will take over in July of 2022. We need to start looking for a President Nominee who will become President Elect when Tim takes over.Ronnie has received word that our Interact club will have an opportunity to share in a small portion of the work and profits of the Poteet Interact’s booth at Strawberry Festival if it goes on this year.
Next Meeting: Tuesday at noon on
February 9, 2021 at Mi Mexico
Working on some good ones
No Cutter as cards were not in
Meeting adjourned at 1:05 P.M.