Meeting Minutes - 3/16/2021
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- 1. Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
March 16, 2021
Meeting was called to order at 12:37 PM by Michele Higginbotham at Mi’ Mexico in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michelle Higginbotham followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
9 members present
Guest(s) present: none
- $1,052 will be contributed to the Scholarship from our dinner and the Rotary donation.
- Al proposes if we receive money from the members for the Rotary raffle, then that will reduce the $500 that the club will donate for the raffle.
- Joyce made a motion to approve the March 2, 2021 minutes as written. Second by Al and motion passed unanimously.
- May look into supporting the Summer Reading Program.
- Thanks to Robert Garza for donating to the school backpack program.
- Trivia is back this Friday!!! The theme is the 80s. Dress in the theme and earn some extra points for your team!! Hope to see you there!!
- Joyce is asking for assistance from members to solicit donations for the Jourdanton Community Scholarship. If you need the letter, please contact Joyce.
- Tim was unable to attend the virtual PETS but he has another year to attend. Thank you Michele for continuing as President of the Rotary for one more year.
- RYLA participants for the upcoming year will need to be looked at as this year’s RYLA was cancelled.
Next Meeting: Meeting location on March 23rd will be at Mi’ Mexico.
Meeting adjourned at 1:05 P.M. Motion by Jim and seconded by Al.