Meeting Minutes - 4/20/2021
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
April 20, 2021
Meeting was called to order at 12:37 PM by Michele Higginbotham at Rock House in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michelle Higginbotham followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
15 members present
Guest(s) present: Justin Gonzales, Mark Long
- Jack made a motion to approve the April 13, 2021 minutes as written. Second by Larry and motion passed unanimously.
- Scholarship funds are being collected. Please contact Joyce if you have any questions. The deadline for students to turn in applications is May 3rd. Joyce will let us know about the committee for voting soon.
- Thank you FCB representatives, Justin Gonzales and Mark Long for your generous donation to the scholarship fund.
- Tickets for the Raffle need to be returned April 20th. You also have the option to buy your own and this will defer the contribution the club will make. Just let Conrad know and he can assess the charges for the tickets on your Rotary account through the club.
- May 3rd there will be a luncheon to honor the 2021 JHS Seniors sponsored by JEF and the Chamber of Commerce. The club will sponsor the luncheon by helping cover the cleanup cost and also have members donate items (food) for the luncheon. Michele will inform us once more of the details are in place.
- Interact is sponsoring Trivia at Joe’s Place at 7:00 on Friday. (April 23rd)
- Eagle Scouts are planning a project to beautify the Jourdanton City marquee at Hwy 16 and 97.
- Chamber of Commerce social already happened!!! It was very nice. Maybe Benita will report on it at next meeting.
Next Meeting: Meeting location on April 27th will be at Lauren’s Deli.
Program Schedule: ??
Meeting adjourned at 12:55 P.M. Motion by Jim and seconded by Al.