Meeting Minutes - 4/4/2023
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454 Tax ID #74-6104364
April 4, 2023
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at FCB in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Tommy Hairston followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
Members present - 14
Guest present: Evans Ruth Long
Treasury Report: See Monica’s invoices for your balance. Raffle tickets are available for the District Raffle for $10.00 each. What an individual buys will be in his/her name and they will be the sole winner of the raffle. What the club purchases $9,175 balance.
- Bill made the motion to approve minutes from April 4, 2023 as presented. Joyce seconded the motion and minutes were approved as presented.
- Jourdanton Community Scholarship application is out for the seniors. Joyce is collecting the donations for the scholarship. Joyce has collected $1,300 and the dinner brought in $1,600. There are also some funds in the cash fund. If you know of anyone that would like to donate, please get their donation. The Academic Awards Ceremony will be May 11th at 6:30 pm.
- Theresa and Michele will meet to set goals and Michele would also like to have a vision statement, as well as make a 3 year plan with goals.
- April 15th is the next Interact meeting. Their service project is to collect soft dog treats. Please bring some to help with their project.
- Thanks for lunch, Joyce!
- On May 6th, Theresa, Monica, and Michele will be attending a training session for Rotary at UTSA. Tommy made the motion to reimburse the cost of registration for the training ($50 each). Bill seconded the motion and motion carried.
- Shannon participated in a public image training.
- PETS recap zoom is 7:00 pm on April 5, 2023. Michele will attend.
- President’s Meeting Zoom meeting this Thursday via zoom.
- Senior Luncheon on Tuesday, May 16th, tentatively.
Program: Business Meeting
Next Meeting: Next Regular Meeting will be held at the First Commercial Bank on April 11, 2023.
Program: Bill Meal: Michele