Meeting Minutes - 5/11/2021
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
May 11, 2021
Meeting was called to order at 12:37 PM by Michele Higginbotham at Joe’s Place in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Tommy Hairston followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
14 members present
Guest(s) present: None
- Ronnie made a motion to approve the April 27, 2021 and May 4, 2021 minutes as written. Second by Larry and motion passed unanimously.
- Community Scholarship had 11 applicants, 8 persons voted, 6 scholarships were awarded along with the 2 RYLA students. Thanks for all the donations and to Joyce for all her work in making this happen year after year. Joyce made the motion to “borrow” the $1,000 cash from the Jourdanton Scholarship account to cover the RYLA 2nd scholarship so the invested funds are not used. Second was made by Tommy and the vote was unanimous in favor of the motion.
- Tommy brought up a possible sponsorship through KSAQ, 102.3 for the All-Star Football game that some of the Indians will participate in Pleasanton on May 22nd. The discussion was tabled until next week after we have the opportunity to solicit more groups to sponsor.
- Rotary will donate $100.00 to Project Graduation. Thank you!!
Next Meeting: Meeting location on May 18th will be at Rock House and at Joe’s Place on May 25th.
Program Schedule: ??
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 P.M. Motion by Ronnie and seconded by Tommy.