Meeting Minutes - 5/25/2021
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
May 25, 2021
Meeting was called to order at 12:33 PM by Michele Higginbotham at Joe’s Place in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Tommy Hairston followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
12 members present
Guest(s) present: Curtis Steinle, Daniece Mueller
- Tommy made a motion to approve the May 18, 2021 minutes with corrections on attendance. Second by Jack and motion passed unanimously.
- KSAQ will continue advertising for another month for the sponsors.
- Had Baccalaureate Ceremony this past Sunday.
- Higginbotham’s wedding went off with well!!!
- Fire Department had their BBQ Cookoff last weekend with a pretty good crowd!!!
- If you would like to sign up to volunteer for the Jourdanton Elementary/JEF Summer Fun Reading Adventure, click the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/
- Getting thank you notes from the scholarship recipients.
- Tommy made a motion for the Rotary to donate $200.00 to the “Service Above Self Award”, presented to Daniece Mueller. Second was made by Jack and the motion passed.
- Joyce made a motion to create an account for the Interact Club at FCB under the main account of the Rotary. Second was made by Jack and the motion passed. Monica, Ronnie, Pepper, and Michele will be members of the Counsel to help guide the Interact Club. Ronnie and Monica will sign on the account when needed.
- Ronnie presented Daniece with a $1,000 check for her efforts and service above self in creating and leading the first year of the Interact Club.
Next Meeting: Meeting location is at Rock House on June 1st
Program Schedule: Daniece shared the projects of the Interact Club. Cutter: Al
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 P.M. Motion by Tommy and seconded by Jack.