Meeting Minutes - 5/4/2021
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
May 4, 2021
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at Rock House in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
13 members present. Good to see Tommy return after his medical hiatus. Honored guests in attendance: Jeanette Harrison, Marci Steinle and Deana Steinle.
- No minutes for the April 27th meeting were sent so no motion or vote to approve at this time.
- Scholarship funds are being collected. Please contact Joyce if you have any questions. The deadline for students to turn in applications was yesterday May 3rd. Joyce will contact donors for voting instructions. There are 11 applicants if I remember correctly. Talk was had about forming a Rotary scholarship committee next year. Further talk will occur.
- Tickets for the Raffle and money were mailed. Monies were designated to go to the general fund shared between domestic and international ventures for benefit of the next Paul Harris recipient. This was a success thanks to our members!!
- The luncheon to honor the 2021 JHS Seniors sponsored by JEF, Jourdanton Rotary and the Chamber of Commerce was a success as well. Almost 100 seniors, staff and volunteers were served. Thank you again to our club for living out our motto of Service Above Self!
- Program ideas were mentioned last week. Sandy suggested Sheriff Soward. He agreed and we will book a future date. More program ideas are welcomed.
Next Meeting: Meeting location on May 11th at Joe’s Place.
Cutter and Winner of $$$$...Kevin!! Congratulations!!