Meeting Minutes - 6/8/2021
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
June 8, 2021
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at First Commercial Bank in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Tommy Hairston followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four-Way Test.
12 members present
No guests present
Minutes passed unanimously.
- Jourdanton Elementary/JEF Summer Fun Reading Adventure, click the following link to sign up... https://www.
signupgenius.com/go/Be 10c0d44ada82fa4fec52-summer nita is donating her time on Thursdays. Wondering if Rotary would like to go as a group one Tuesday. She explained what is asked of volunteers. Will discuss again at next meeting to see if there is an interest there.
- Ronnie reported that our Interact is finishing opening their FCB bank account, getting a W9 and money from the Poteet Interact Club. Their year runs from July to July like ours but the school year begins in August so rebuilding will begin then.
- All donations to Special SAS Award have been collected and will be deposited into the FCB account. Cole, Payton and Chantan requested scholarship funds this past week.
- Michele tried sending scholarship info and pics to Lisa Luna at the paper but the pics failed to send. Ronnie will send to Michele and she will send to Lisa.
- Jim confirmed with Shane that he would appreciate being on an inactive status at this time and Michele confirmed the same with Tim. Michele will get with Theresa (after her safe return from her fun vacay in Mexico 🇲🇽 Yay!) to make sure those updates are taken care of. Each member expressed an interest in settling any financial obligations they may have so that they will go inactive in good financial standing.
- Michele and Theresa will work on adding a membership committee into our database as requested by RI
- Keep Bill in thoughts as he and family are vacationing in Costa Rica.
- Monica and Michele along with any members interested will discuss raising funds for McCleary RYLA scholarship account.
- Tommy suggested that we reach out businesses/corporations. Karnes Electric, Methodist Hospital and others have asked how they can support us. Larry suggested that members choose businesses they have connections with. Ronnie has access to a list. We will discuss at next week’s meeting.
Next Meeting: Meeting location is at First Commercial Bank on June 15th. Please click the link to RSVP to next week’s meeting: https://forms.gle/
June 15th Bobby Martinez
June 22nd David Soward