Meeting Minutes 9/1/2020
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
Tax ID #74-6104364
September 1, 2020
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at Cancun in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michele followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
10 members present and 1 more in spirit as Zoom was not working for him
Guest(s) present: none
Note to Treasurer: District Dues are due 10-1-20
- Minutes from the last meeting were unanimously approved.
- Homecoming dinner tickets were distributed. Monica, Michele and whoever else would like to help, will provide a few “concession” items for donation for those who choose to stay to watch the game via livestream.
- Blood Drive on Friday, September 25th has 12 out of 60 appointment slots filled so far.
- Dictionaries are in and Constitutions are actually free but we will donate some to the Foundation that sponsors them. Benita will get with Tommy.
- Each current Rotary member will be responsible for obtaining information and a picture or two about each of our founding members. Names were distributed. Michele will call those who missed this information.
- Kevin reported that the hospital is still closed to public meetings at this time.
- Deborah Jarvis will discuss Interact at next meeting at Joe’s Place.
- RYLA committee decided to follow the district’s recommendation to send 1 attendee (a 2nd can be sent on a first come first served basis if room is available) to the conference in January this year. We will choose 1 recipient and two alternates.
- Members in attendance ok’d possible program on 9-15. DPS Officer Waylon Rogers will let us know if he can attend to let us know about Riot and Hurricane relief efforts.
Next Meeting: Joe’s Place
September 15th – Old Pit #5 September 22nd – Lauren’s Deli September 29th – Rock House
Program Schedule: Postponed