Meeting Minutes, 9/15/2020
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
September 15, 2020
Meeting was called to order at 12:30 PM by Michele Higginbotham at Old Pit #5 in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michele followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
11 members present
Guest(s) present: Waylon Rogers, Brandy Yarbrough
- Larry made a motion to approve the September 8, 2020 minutes as written. Second by Ronnie and motion passed unanimously.
- WE NEED THE COUNT BY TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH!!! Homecoming dinner is October 9th. Serving 5:30 to 7:00 at the ECC Café; Dine-In and Curbside, Watch the Indians football game via Vype on the TV’s in the Café. The club will provide desserts for donations.
- Don’t forget about the Blood Drive on the 25th. Goal is for each member to provide 2 donors.
- Don’t forget to do research on the name you were given for a Jourdanton Rotary Founding Father!
- Interact officially charted last week.
- Labels are on the Dictionaries, FCB “ladies” are finishing up the Constitutions.
- Bill made the motion that the club donate $150 to Heritage for the Constitutions which was the recommendation by the Honorable Tommy Hairston, second by Ronnie and motion passed unanimously.
Waylon Rogers shared his experiences as a DPS officer during COVID and dealing with the rioters in San Antonio and Austin during the protests.
Next Meeting: We will move meetings to different locations in Jourdanton during this time.
September 22nd – Lauren’s Deli
September 29th – Rock House
Program Schedule: ??
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 P.M.