Meeting Minutes for 9/29/2020
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
- Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
September 29, 2020
Meeting was called to order by Michele Higginbotham at Lauren’s Deli in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michele followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
10 members present
Guest(s) present: None
- Ronnie made a motion to approve the September 22, 2020 minutes as written. Second by Larry and motion passed unanimously.
- Count, tickets and/or money were turned in. Michele will send $200 check to FCB from Edward Jones as 2 checks were put into the wrong account. She and Al will submit count to school. Homecoming dinner is October 9th. Serving 5:30 to 7:00 at the ECC Café; Dine-In and Curbside, Watch the Indians football game via Vype on the TV’s in the Café. The club will provide desserts for donations. Will also have a few “concession” items.
- Don’t forget to do research on the name you were given for a Jourdanton Rotary Founding Father! Conrad has a book that has the history of Atascosa County that may help some of us. Michele also asked for assistance through Facebook and a Pleasanton Express article.
- Dictionaries and constitutions were delivered to Jourdanton and Charlotte. Pictures were taken and the event will be publicized. Conrad said he mailed checks for both. Benita reported that we will need to order dictionaries and labels for next year.
- We will participate in the River Park Wonderland Christmas Tree event in Pleasanton again this year. Red Solo cups will be filled. Theresa donated an artificial tree so no need to cement or water. It is in Tommy Hairston’s office.
- We will discuss a Foundation goal after receiving more info at the next meeting. It was mentioned that $500-$1000 has been done in the past along with a Paul Harris.
- Michele gave Ronnie the Interact certification. An induction ceremony will be planned. Jim suggested that we attend a volleyball game as many Interact students also play. We will support them at the 10-13-2020 Home game at 6pm. You must get tickets from Ticket Spicket to attend. They are only $2. We will wear Rotary clothes/caps to identify ourselves. You can visit Smart Print on Hwy 97 across from Wells Fargo in Pleasanton if you would like to get something embroidered with our logo.
- Benita mentioned JEF’s upcoming online auction to run through Homecoming.
- Leroy asked about Fall Festival, Bikes 4 Kids 4 a Cause and Bell Ringing. Michele will touch base with Cowboy Fellowship on the Fall Festival and Tim on the bike event. The Salvation Army is no longer an option locally so if we would like to support local we could see if Safer Path could use anything and/or if we want to support internationally then shoeboxes to Mexico could be an option. Would like to see the Service Projects Committee make some recommendations. Will send a separate email to those members.
Next Meeting: We will move meetings to different locations in Jourdanton during this time.
October 6th – Lauren’s Deli again
•• Please call 830-569-7101 to order ahead••
Program Schedule: ??
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 P.M.