Minutes for 8/11/2020
Rotary 4 Way Test of the things we think, say or do…
1. Is it the truth? 2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships? 4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Jourdanton Rotary Minutes
PO Box 454
Tax ID #74-6104364
August 11, 2020
Meeting was called to order at 12:35 PM by Michele Higginbotham at Joe’s Place in Jourdanton. The blessing was offered by Michele followed by the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flags and the Four Way Test.
10 members present
Guest(s) present: Bobby Martinez
Al said Conrad will send out a report on what members owe (I hope Jim paid before he went to Colorado!!) or you may contact Al or Conrad yourself to keep your debt discreet.
· Ronnie made a motion to approve the August 4, 2020 minutes as written. Second by Jack and motion passed unanimously.
· 75th Rotary Birthday coming up this November
· 4 of the Jourdanton Community Scholarships recipients have picked up their checks. Still need 2 more to pick up their check along with the RYLA participant.
· Homecoming has been moved to October 9, 2020; live streaming is a possibility at the ECC Cafeteria, Curbside pickup may be an option, Dine-In and watch the game!!
· Jack made a motion to pay the Booster Club $175.00 for the add in the football program. Second by Al and motion passed unanimously.
· Dictionary/Constitution project counts for Jourdanton were submitted to Benita by Theresa and Benita will be contacting Charlotte for their enrollment numbers for 3rd and 8th grades.
· Social has been postponed until we have a better date with no conflicts.
· Al asked if we would like to resume the weekly drawing and we all agreed this was a great idea!!
· We will host a Blood Drive on September 25th at the Jourdanton Community Center.
· July dues are due and they are $60.00.
· The club website it up and running at www.jourdanton-rotary.com Check it out and send pictures or stories to Ronnie so we can have a positive and active presence online. Ronnie will also post our minutes.
· Jamie’s Ranch event will be added as a project for the club in MyRotary.com.
· Zoom meetings will begin at 12:30, LOGIN information is below.
n/a, just good to see and talk with everyone!!!
Next Meeting: We will move meetings to different locations in Jourdanton during this time.
August 18th – Rock House (don’t forget to call ahead and place your order 767-2116)
August 25th – First Commercial Bank
Program Schedule: Postponed Cutter: Didn’t happen
Meeting adjourned at 1:25 P.M with a motion by Ronnie and second by Al.